jueves, 18 de agosto de 2016

/lake county, police department, crown point, indiana, J1687 / 529 '85. 
/paula.

The painting was originally a group of death row inmates, thirteen, but every time I looked at it, I only saw Paula, amazing scenic presence. I finally decided to paint over the other twelve characters, and leave her as the sole owner of the canvas. the final result is so much better.

##### Paula Cooper was 16 when she was sentenced to death for killing an elderly teacher. That made her the youngest person ever in indiana to face the death penalty. At the time in 1986, she also was the youngest Death Row inmate in the United States. To many, Cooper was a monster beyond rehabilitation. But others saw her as a victim of an abusive childhood and racist criminal justice system. #####

#paintings
#1135



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario